Wednesday, October 8, 2014

There is a hole in my house

Hey everyone! Long time no blog. Sorry, things have been crazy as we have been trying to chip away at home repair and the million projects that we have either started or want to start.

The biggest thing we have changed since I last posted was to rip out our kitchen window and add a big patio door! It took one very long day and some very impressive saw work but we have a patio door. Here was the process:






It has been so nice to be able to see the sun shine through the kitchen and be able to see our cute backyard. It had taken away some table space but the yet to be completed deck will be worth it.

Now that we have the patio door in... we started on the St. Louis Park building permit process for the deck and let me tell you, it has been quite the ride. I now completely understand why people do NOT get the city involved but we were trying to do the right thing. After numerous inspections, plan drawings, and bumps in the road we are in the midst of building the deck now and can't wait to have it behind us.

Here is what we have so far:




Don't worry, as soon as we have it at an operational level we will have a BBQ including yard games. After all the extra beams and footings the city is having us add.... the deck will be able to hold a military tank so we are not worried about it holding a crowd of friends and family!

It has been so much fun seeing my design for the deck come to life and I cannot wait to see it finished and be able to enjoy it (though maybe not for long since Winter is Coming). I just bought a Patagonia coat though, so my little butt will be out there until there is a foot of snow on the ground.

I will post the photos of the final product when we are done!

No comments:

Post a Comment